Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Molten Sea (Sorry, I'm SOLD)




I have felt inspired for this textile after viewing photos of my daughter, Teresa's, photos of the active valcaano in Hawaii. I call it the Molten Sea. It is my idea of what the ocean might look as molten lave pours into is from a volcano. I used 4 fabrics and Ricky Tim's Harmonic Convergence idea to accomplish this look. I have added lot of original ideas and fabric to give you the feel of the ocean.

This textile was accepted in a show at Waverly House Gifts & Gallery to run form November 4, 2011 to December 17, 2011. The show is "Journeys" and will benefit A Sporting Chance.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool. Did you happen to look at our Hawaii photos from our lava boat tour? Which is a boat tour of where the lava pours into the sea...and it is stunning. So is this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is smoking hot girl. Just fantastic. Hope you will bring it to guild for show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, V! This is a real favorite for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Teresa, used your photos an in inspiration. The hot lava and the cool ocean is what I was trying to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments. I know someone is looking at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, send more photos that will make good art quilts.

    ReplyDelete