Wednesday, August 31, 2011


I have not been a complete flake this summer. I have been doing a few Art Quilts worth posting on my blog. I have not felt especially creative so I have been using other Quilt Artist as an inspiration. This wonderful bright orange Pod Grass is inspired by an article in Quilting Arts Magazine by Laura Wasiloski. She calls it Zen Doodle Quilts. I had lots of fun freely creating flowing lines and circles to quilt around.



This lovely cone flower is from a class I took from Ruth Powers. I had lots of fun in the class and finally finished it today. I have cone flowers in my back yard and I can say they look like this so I am very happy with this pattern. I hope you enjoy it also.

2 comments:

  1. You really put that Coneflower together quick. I was totally lost. I am just not a quilter. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you got the sun ray coming in onn the left. It will probably be a looong time before I complete my conflower! You are intrepid.

    ReplyDelete